so this happened last night

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Life lesson #1: never underestimate your awesomeness

For some reason I always think things like,"this shirt is kinda big but I'll just tailor it to fit me" and "these curtains don't fit but I can always sew them". That would be totally fine except there's one small issue: I don't know how to sew. I got a sewing machine last Christmas and a ton of sewing books and took a couple of sewing classes, but unfortunately that does not make me a seamstress quiet yet. Last night I was feeling quite crafty and attempted to fix the curtains for the kitchen and somehow ended up with a straight line and even curtains. whaatttt. Maybe it's time I tackle that awkward length dress I bought 6 months ago...

On another note, something pretty cool happened yesterday. After a year of working my butt off I got a nice big promotion. No more of that associate business, it's manager now. Yay :)

3 happy notes:

  1. heck yah! congratulations!

    and im definitely guilty of buying something that's cheap and tailoring it tehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your promotion and well-done craftiness! What a good day!

    ReplyDelete

 

Photographs and Memories © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger